Qualifications Of Aspiring Funeral Directors In Sydney
In order to become one of the most reputed funeral directors in Sydney, you need to meet certain qualifications. The minimum requirements are very achievable. Aside for the qualifications, you have to have compassion and kindness especially that you would need such qualities in dealing with grieving families. If you are planning to become a qualified funeral director, here are some of the qualifications that you must possess.
- Funeral service education
- State license
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Associate degree in funeral service education. In some areas, a bachelor’s degree is required.
- One or two years apprenticeship in a funeral home
- Pass the state license examination or national board examination
Tasks and functions
- Coordinate with the immediate family before death in case death was not sudden, during ceremonies and after the deceased was laid to rest.
- Organize and prepare a celebration in remembrance of the deceased’s life.
- Prepare the body and ensure that it will appear dignified before the family and friends.
- Consult the family for the viewing arrangements. A funeral director should be particular to details and must see to it that the wishes of the family would be followed accordingly starting from the preparation of the body down to the burial or cremation of the deceased.
How to become a funeral director
If you want to become one of those funeral directors in Sydney, talk to your local funeral director and express your intent to become a funeral director. Find out how you can go about the process, the things you need to comply and if you could possibly take a tour at the funeral home.
You might also want to call the local funeral association to find out what information can you get from them to advance your interest in the funeral service industry. You might also want to ask them for the required licensing and its requirements.
Lastly, you can enrol in a mortuary science program to fulfil your dream to become one of thosefuneral directors in Sydney who are duly licensed. Ask for a copy of the curriculum, how much is the tuition fee and other relevant information.