Five Creative Ways To Use Ribbon Bows
Ribbons may be common materials but they have many actual uses. Traditionally, ribbons have been used since the ancient times for symbolic and religious purposes. As time went on, people have found that ribbons are highly decorative materials that they can use to enhance the appearance of numerous items. Since then, they have become a common presence in households, clothing, and even on events such as weddings, birthdays and even funerals. Ribbons have also taken a more meaningful purpose: to raise awareness. From breast cancer, to HIV/AIDS, to LGBT Pride, ribbons have been used to spread awareness.
One of the products of ribbons is the ribbon bow. By strategically tying the tails of a silk ribbon, one would be able to create a ribbon bow that can be used to decorate all sorts of items. Here are some of them.
- Ribbons and ribbon bows have always been associated with the female hair. Girls can tie a ribbon to their hair to serve as hair decorations. They could also be added to many different hair accessories such as clips and headbands. Just simply glue a ribbon bow to a plain headband and you’re good to go.
- Tie Back Curtains. Using a wide ribbon, you can create a bow with a wide loop. The bow made should be large and the loop will be used to hold the curtains. Just make sure to match the ribbon with the décor of the room. If you want a sophisticated look, allow the tail ends of the bow to flow to the floor.
- If you feel like your shoes, flip flops, or sandals are too plain, why not add a bow to make them look better? In this crafting project, make sure to use ribbons that would go well with your footwear.
- When making cards, you can use ribbon bows as they are the perfect decorative material for cards.
- Flower Bouquet. Flowers are beautiful all on their own but you could further enhance their beauty and truly impress the one you’re giving it to by adding ribbon bows that would accentuate the flowers.