Tax Raise For The Rich
President of the United States, Barrack Obama, will give his State of the Union speech on Tuesday. The speech is said to discuss tax raise on the wealthy in order to aid those on the middle class spectrum.
Officials say that the increase will result to $320 billion in one decade. The said amount will be used as funding for benefits like tax credits.
The State of the Union speech will be the center of political talks and is expected to reveal the legacy which will be left behind by President Obama. The speech is also expected to shape the coming 2016 election.
The only problem the President’s proposal is the resistance by the Houses of Congress which is both controlled by Republicans. As the economy of the United States grows, it is only right that ordinary families living in the US be able to receive certain benefits.
The tax raise is said to be given much thought and the proposal covers the following:
– Making sure that the richest in America will not be able to pass some of their assets as tax-free
– The earnings of the richest will receive an increase of 4.2% in capital gains tax from the previous 23.8%
– US financial firms, estimated to have total assets of around $50 billion, will get new fees
The proposal will be able to raise fund in order to provide for benefits designed for those citizens who belong in the middle class. Some of these benefits include tripled child tax credits, providing assistance for families whose spouses are both working and giving extra incentives for citizens to be able to save for their retirement.
White House has gained more confidence from the people since the increase in America’s economic growth. Despite the recovery, there is still the issue regarding wages for Americans who are in the middle class. It is the aim that the economic growth will benefit all Americans and provide them with outlet for success.
President Obama is not running for another term in the 2016 election despite the positive outcome on the state of the economy.
Illustrated Map As The Clue To An Area’s Culture And History
Similar to great works in literature, an adventure can start from Illustrated Maps that include clues to the area’s natural beauty and cultural resources. In order to create an illustrated map, there must be a unique individual who has the talent for creativity but also a gifted cartographer and proficient researcher. Kenneth Czarnomski from Haywood County is an architect by profession but his passion for the outdoors was translated into careers as an educator, naturalist, artist and now a map illustrator.
Czarnomski and his wife Donna travelled recently to Ireland and discovered the unique way through which the locals introduce their culture to visitors. The Irish have invested on producing beautiful illustrated maps that goes beyond providing directions; it introduces visitors to sites with cultural and historical significance. Czarnomski was surprised why such maps were not used in the United States particularly since they can be efficiently used for exploring. An idea came to him; he can do an illustrated map for Haywood County.
Czarnomski took his idea to Lynn Collins, the executive director of Haywood County Tourism Development Authority. He was surprised because the director was interested in collaborating for the project. Lynn agreed to sponsor the map as long as it meets the requirements of nationalist certification final project. An agreement was made for the first run of 200 maps.
The first illustrated map was a beautiful detailed piece of Purchase Knob that showed its trees, flowers, log cabins and other things that can be seen on the trail. The original run of 200 maps quickly run out and required additional printing because it became quite popular among the locals and tourists. People buy the illustrated map to use for the day hike after which it is framed as souvenir.
The reaction to the Illustrated Maps was really amazing particularly since the locals started to discover new things that would not be possible without the maps. In addition to the Illustrated Maps of Purchase Knob, a similar map was made for Sam Knob in the Pisgah Forest. The third map for Plott-Balsam area is currently in progress. The maps can take years to produce because it requires a lot of research and hiking into the area.
Parade Of Ferraris In Horsham
The United Kingdom is a nation that has been consistently producing cars since the 1890’s which makes it only fitting for it to be the venue of many world events that celebrate the life and successes of automobiles. The Festival of Speed and Revival meetings at Goodwood are testament to the fact that the Brits have a serious love affair with cars. It is also worth mentioning CarFest gatherings run by TopGear’s Chris Evans.
Another event that is worth more than attention and admiration is the annual Ferrari rally in the southern town of Horsham. This is the largest Ferrari rally of its kind anywhere in the UK. Are you wondering why a quintessentially British town located in the middle of an English countryside will have an Italian-themed festival like the Ferrari rally? Horsham is one of the finest places to live in West Sussex with many events going on. A gathering of Maranello’s finest in Horsham is an impressive achievement particularly with the parade of Ferraris.
There was a record breaking Ferrari parade that was held in Silverstone last 2012 but it was only a onetime event with no plans of being repeated. On the other hand, Piazza Italia celebrations are annual events that look people look forward too because it regularly features 100 Ferrari models in the town center. All the proceeds generated from the event goes to charitable institutions.
A car aficionado certainly expects impressive cars to be displayed considering that the event is partly organized by Ferrari Owners Club UK. At least 2 Ferrari 488 GTB’s made their way to the Horsham town center including 512 BBs, 599 GTBs and 458 Speciales. The overflowing crowd was also delighted with hordes of 430s, 360s and 355s on display as well as the incredibly special F40s, 250 LussoGTO and 250 GT SWB. The 250 GTSWB was recently sold at auction for more than $10 million.
The event was certainly organized to showcase Ferrari 488 Italia and its extremely sculptural flanks that bring it a lot of character. Next year, another parade of Ferraris will thrill the crowd in Horsham.
Songkran Festival – Boosting Tourism In Thailand
Thailand remains to be a favorite tourist destination in spite of the government campaign to conserve water due to the record draught. Songkran is the biggest water festival in Thailand that will be observed from April 13 to 15 of this year. According to data gathered from an online travel search engine, there is a 48% year-on-year increase for overall searches for Thailand including some of its cities like Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Krabi.
A 63% increase in the searches for Phuket followed by Krabi at 55% was particularly noticeable including the 47% increase of searches for Samui and 46% for Bangkok because Chiang Mai used to be the most popular destination for Songkran. Surprisingly, Chiang Mai has the lowest year-on-year increase in searches at 32% for this year.
Most tourists who travel to Thailand come from countries that include Singapore, Australia, Russia, the United Kingdom and Germany. Singaporeans made the most searches at 89% followed by Australians at 36% and Russians at 26%. The rise in searches is definitely in keeping with Thailnd’s efforts to boost tourism especially during the annual New Year’s festival.
Even the locals are interested to join the festivities because of budget air travel. At least 16 hotels in Bangkok and seven provinces are offering four hour “flash sales” so as to stimulate tourism during Songkran. Features include special deals and steep discounts on accommodation packages, theme park tickets and related travel products and services. The features make it more encouraging for both locals and tourists to celebrate water splashing during Songkran Festival.
Participating hotels and resorts include Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and InterContinental Hua Hin. Flash sales are open to expatriates and tourists. These special privileges are aimed at stimulating the Thais to enjoy their own country by travelling within Thailand during the Thai New Year festivities.
You can also rent a condo in Hua Hin to enjoy the nationwide Songkran Festival. There are condo units inside luxurious beachfront properties that are easily accessible from downtown Hua Hin. There are also condos with a great sea view as well as swimming pools and exclusive fitness gyms.
Here’s How You Can Make Sure Your Shipments Arrive In One Piece
CA – March 19, 2016 – If you own an online store selling all sorts of products, then shipment is most definitely one of your biggest concerns. First of all, it already y is hard to convince customers online to make a purchase with you. Conversions can be hard to come by so when you do get a customer to purchase your products, it is important that you provide them with effective shipping options and guarantee that their orders arrive in one piece. However, there is truly no guarantee that your shipment would not get damage during transit that is why you yourself would have to take certain steps to protect your shipments.
How are you going to do this? Simple! You’d be able to secure your products by packaging it in the best way possible. You can follow these effective tips if you have no idea what to do.
- Box Strength. Before you start packaging, you would first have to make sure that the box is in the right shape to provide sufficient protection and to do this, you would have to consider the Box Strength Guidelines. First take the weight of the items that you will package. Once you have done that, get the width, length and depth of the box and add them by inches. If the sum is 75 inches and less, it should only hold no more than 30 pounds but if you go for heavy duty double-walled boxes, it would be able to take twice the load. It would be best if you purchase new boxes than use old and used ones.
- Before you place the items inside the box, make sure that you first cover them with 2 inches of cushioning for each item on all sides. They should also be placed 2 inches from the wall of the box and then fill in the voids with more cushioning. Fillers and bubble wrap would suffice.
- Use pressure-sensitive tape or water activated tape that is at least 2 inches wide instead of using duct tape or masking tape. Also it would be best if you don’t label the box with words like ‘fragile’ to avoid tempting troublemakers.
Papermart.com is known to provide quality packaging materials. Make sure to only buy quality materials to ensure the security of your shipment.
Five Creative Ways To Use Ribbon Bows
Ribbons may be common materials but they have many actual uses. Traditionally, ribbons have been used since the ancient times for symbolic and religious purposes. As time went on, people have found that ribbons are highly decorative materials that they can use to enhance the appearance of numerous items. Since then, they have become a common presence in households, clothing, and even on events such as weddings, birthdays and even funerals. Ribbons have also taken a more meaningful purpose: to raise awareness. From breast cancer, to HIV/AIDS, to LGBT Pride, ribbons have been used to spread awareness.
One of the products of ribbons is the ribbon bow. By strategically tying the tails of a silk ribbon, one would be able to create a ribbon bow that can be used to decorate all sorts of items. Here are some of them.
- Ribbons and ribbon bows have always been associated with the female hair. Girls can tie a ribbon to their hair to serve as hair decorations. They could also be added to many different hair accessories such as clips and headbands. Just simply glue a ribbon bow to a plain headband and you’re good to go.
- Tie Back Curtains. Using a wide ribbon, you can create a bow with a wide loop. The bow made should be large and the loop will be used to hold the curtains. Just make sure to match the ribbon with the décor of the room. If you want a sophisticated look, allow the tail ends of the bow to flow to the floor.
- If you feel like your shoes, flip flops, or sandals are too plain, why not add a bow to make them look better? In this crafting project, make sure to use ribbons that would go well with your footwear.
- When making cards, you can use ribbon bows as they are the perfect decorative material for cards.
- Flower Bouquet. Flowers are beautiful all on their own but you could further enhance their beauty and truly impress the one you’re giving it to by adding ribbon bows that would accentuate the flowers.
Tips On Excellently Painting Your Abode
Painting and decorating houses is a must if you have one. But how do you paint and decorate your house? Here are some tips when painting a space. Following these will give you a professional finish to your house.
- Avoid lap marks by rolling the full height of the wall and then keeping a wet edge. Lap marks are the ugly stripes that are caused when uneven layers of paint build up. They typically occur when you roll over paint that has already partly dried up. The key in avoiding lap marks is in maintaining a wet edge in each stroke that you roll over. In order for you to maintain a wet edge, you should start near a corner and then run the roller to its full height up and down the wall and moving over slightly after each stroke. Move backward whenever necessary in order to even out the thick runs or spots. Do not allow the roller to become nearly dry.
- Mix several cans of paint color in a large bucket so that you will have a consistent color in the entire room. The colors of paint may vary slightly from one paint can to another. If you have to open a new one in the middle of painting a wall, the difference can be very noticeable. Mixing the paints together will eliminate this problem. It would be best to estimate the amount of paint that you will need and then mix it inside a 5 gallon bucket.
- Allow the paint to dry first and then cut the tape loose in order to reveal a perfect edge. When the paint is dried, you can pull off the tape from the trim. Paint forms a film in between the wall as well as the tape and removing the tape will tear the pieces of dried paint from the wall. Before you pull off the tape, you should cut it loose.
After knowing all of these painting tips but you are still not confident in painting your own space, you can ask professional to take over the job. Visit www.fitzhughdecoratorsnorthampton.co.uk and ask for their services.
‘Extremely Rare’ Elm Tree Finds Support From Sheffield Protestors Against Felling
First of all, you should first understand what tree felling is and what it is all about. Tree felling is the term used to describe the process of cutting down trees. This task is considered as a dangerous task because it can result in serious injuries or even death to the people involved in the felling. Luckily, a lot of people realize this danger and would mostly call on professionals to cut down trees which is a very wise decision because aside from the danger, tree felling would require a lot of planning and work. You would have to prepare for the felling and calculate or anticipate the direction from which the tree will fall. When a tree is cut down, it is important that when it falls, there shouldn’t be anything in its path and must not come into contact with anything.
There are many ways one can cut down a tree but all of them are best performed by a professional. Arborists or tree surgeons like those of Ark Tree Work are the ones who are responsible for tree felling. They are the ones who are fully equipped to organize and conduct such a task. Chainsaws are the primary tool used to cut down trees.
There are many reasons why trees need to be cut down, especially if home safety is being threatened. However, trees cut down outside the home are widely frowned upon. One of the latest issues regarding tree felling is with an elm tree in Sheffield. This ‘extremely rare’ elm tree has been scheduled to be cut down but numerous citizens have raised their opposition against it. In fact, about a hundred people have recently turned out to protest against the plan. These campaigners have rallied at the junction of Chelsea Road and Union Road in Nether Edge around 10 am yesterday to raise their opposition.
According to the organizer, the turnout had been very positive seeing as they had only planned it two days before. The elm tree is about 150-200 years old and there are only a few elms left in the UK that are about this age. Organizer Paul Selby said that in the 70s, around 20 million elm trees died in the UK due to Dutch Elm Disease and right now, there are only about 1000 elm trees of this age that remain.
He also shared how the elm is home to a colony of the rare White Letter Hairstreak butterfly which makes it even more important. According to him, there are other ways to modify the pavement without having to cut the tree down.